Achieving gender equality in the workplace is a goal that’s near and dear to our heart here at Stories Inc. So, we teamed up with our friends at Fairygodboss to create an ebook that would help to tackle the pervasive problem of gender inequality at the root of it – in the recruitment process.
Recruitment marketers are in the unique position of providing candidates with a realistic picture of what it’s like to work within a company. For women, this is a crucial aspect of the job search, and if companies want to recruit more women, they need to spotlight the women already working there by telling their stories in a prominent way.
Right this way for…gender equality in the workplace
Through our research, we discovered that women are looking for some of the same and some very different benefits than men who are looking for a new job, and if recruitment marketers do a better job at communicating those benefits, it improves the amount of women applying to jobs at those companies.
Organizations must highlight the aspects of their culture that women value. Sharing real stories from employees who have directly benefited from programs that work is the best way to attract women candidates and give them real insight.
For example, if you have a strong mentorship program, potential candidates need to hear from current mentors and employees who have benefited from that relationship because mentorship is important to young women. Ready to start implementing better storytelling in your recruitment marketing?
In our ebook, you’ll learn:
- Why employee stories are important when creating a more human and personal employer brand
- What women in the workforce are truly looking for in their next career move
- How to highlight your benefits and culture to best communicate what’s unique about your organization to women
- How you can impact future generations of women by giving a voice to underrepresented women in the workplace
- How real women and companies like Dell and Deloitte are working to close the gender gap and inequality in the workplace — and what they’ve learned along the way
Download the ebook!