Companies need recruitment marketing videos in 2022, as data from leading sources show.
Savvy marketers know video is critical to communicating your message and educating and influencing an audience.
In recruitment marketing, video is critical to reaching the best candidates, creating awareness and engagement, and driving action. At Stories Incorporated, we know this firsthand: our clients increase candidate awareness, engagement and applications using employee story video content we’ve created together every day.
But don’t just take our word for it. In addition to our clients’ successes, there’s a wealth of data available that proves video is essential to market your message, and critical to your recruitment marketing plans.
Just as video is essential to traditional marketers influencing consumers, video is essential to giving candidates clarity throughout your recruitment marketing and employer branding efforts.
As you plan your content this year, video must be a central part. We’ve pulled together key statistics to underscore the importance of recruitment marketing videos in 2022.
Infographic, but make it video!
And, because we’re talking about the importance of video, of course we developed a video version of our infographic!
Audiences remember video messages
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading text alone.
Most consumer marketers use video, and get results
- 86% of businesses use video in marketing.
- On Wistia’s platform, uploads increased by 80% in 2020 alone.
- 85% of companies plan to increase their video content creation this year over last.
- More than 99% of current consumer video marketers will continue using video in 2021, and 96% plan to increase or maintain their spend.
- 87% of consumers marketers using video reported that video gives them a positive ROI.
The most effective job posts have video
- Job postings with video icons are viewed 12% more than postings without video.
- Job ads with embedded video get 800% more engagement.
- Job postings with video have a 34% greater application rate than those without.
- 82% of candidates look for jobs on mobile & 87% of mobile traffic is video content.
Video is key on LinkedIn
- Video posts on LinkedIn are shared 20 times more than other formats.
In a survey of talent community professionals …
Talent pros say video has the best ROI
- 80% of respondents believe video has helped increase the volume of applications.
- 78% say video has helped increase the quality of applications.
- 88% of respondents who have used video believe it generates more responses from passive candidates.
- 85% believe their investment in video had a great ROI.
Your video content should be good
The pandemic has overwhelmingly increased the amount of online video people watch, and video works for getting your audience the message.
- Nearly half of traditional marketers say that competition will be tougher because the pandemic made video a necessary investment.
Of course, while fighting for attending and competing in what may be video overload are challenges, what this means is your video content needs to be well-planned and well-executed.
Employee stories make for the best recruitment marketing videos
- Candidates trust employees THREE times more than other company sources.
- In 2021, the Edelman Trust Barometer uncovered that employees are the most trustworthy content sources, period.
Ready to use video to market your message? Contact us.
- Wistia, 2021 State of Video Report, 2021.
- Cisco, Annual Internet Report, 2021.
- Wyzowl, The State of Video Marketing, 2021.
- Wordstream, 75 Staggering Video Statistics for 2021, 2021.
- Edelman, Trust Barometer Spring Update, 2021.
- LinkedIn, The Ultimate List of Employer Brand Statistics, 2016.
- Insivia, 50 Must Know Stats About Recruitment Marketing, 2016.
- Panopo, 50 Facts, Stats and Trends About Streaming Video at Work, 2016.
- VideoMyJob and Social Talent, The State of Video and Talent, 2019.
- CareerBuilder, Peak Posting Performance.