Stories Incorporated is a Washington, DC-based startup that helps really great companies communicate and celebrate their culture by bringing their stories to life through visual and interactive media. Our content is used throughout the entire employee lifecycle: employer branding, recruitment, onboarding, learning and development, and rewards and recognition. We call our work “culturography.”
The amazing organizations we work with have won numerous awards that demonstrate their commitment to their culture and employees — these include: Crain’s 2013 #1 Best Place to Work in NYC, Glassdoor 2014 Employee Choice Best Places to Work, and several of Fortune’s 100 Best Places to Work.
Our clients serve as our role models, and we follow in their footsteps by cultivating our own great place to work. Help us do that by joining our small and mighty team.
How We Operate
To our team, our core values are more than just words. These values guide what we do, how we do it, and most importantly, why we do it. We only hire candidates who share these values.
Our Core Values
We’ve driven to Cleveland to gain a unique perspective on a client’s story.
Think Big But Sweat the Small Stuff
Our interns found the right people to brainstorm with and learn from (thinking big) by sifting through tons of job titles (small stuff) – totally worth it.
We read a lot, share information, and try out new ideas all the time. Hey, what do you think of this article?
Take the Long View
We are building a company to last for the ages. No shortcuts.
We’ve called out our founders for not taking enough breaks during the workday.
Be Passionate & Enthusiastic
We’ve rocked out a solo in a drum circle to better understand a client’s culture. We’d do it again.
We are seeking a skilled and creative Graphic Designer for freelance/contract work to help bring the compelling stories we uncover to life.
The designer will:
- steer the visual direction of our exciting projects
- execute on project direction by producing compelling visual media drawing on strong artistic skills
- collaborate with others (i.e. videographers, illustrators, etc.) to contribute to a cohesive, multimedia experience
- provide input and execution on Stories Inc. branding initiatives
The ideal candidate will have:
- superb creative and artistic talent — and a portfolio/work sample to prove it
- shared values with us
- the ability to meet tight deadlines
- strong communication skills, both verbally and via phone/email
- excellent collaboration skills to work with Stories Inc. team and other contractors
To apply, send resume and examples of things you’ve made to info (at) storiesincorporated (dot) com.