Stories Inc. is a small team in the growing field of employer branding and recruitment marketing. We are a professional services firm that uncovers employee stories that communicate culture, and creates compelling content for our clients. We work with leading Fortune 1000 employer brands like CVS Health and Dell Technologies as well as mid-sized companies with innovative cultures. With a net promoter score of nearly 100, we’ve earned our market reputation by delivering fantastic service and results.
We are expanding our sales team to provide even better service to our prospective clients.
The Stories Inc. Sales team
Our sales and marketing team is small, but we’ve put in the work to achieve service-market fit, developed brand awareness among our customer targets, and defined our customer persona and selling style. We’ve achieved repeatable and predictable results tied to specific sales and marketing activities that have made 2021 our greatest revenue year to date.
We need someone to help us take the sales function to the next level. While we’ve started to build something special, there are untapped opportunities to capture even more market share while providing excellent service to our prospective customers.
Culturally our team is both fun and high performing, independent and collaborative, detail-oriented and big-picture focused. Celebrating successes and learning what we could do better are a part of our everyday culture.
TLDR: We’ve cleared major business hurdles, and are ready to add more sales talent to our close-knit team!
About the role
We are seeking an organized Business Development Representative for our growing brand. As part of our sales team, you will identify and qualify sales opportunities for our sales organization and act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from scratch, as well as deploying lead nurture campaigns to meet sales goals. You will use your communication skills and excellent service orientation to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you and/or the sales team closes the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service, until the account is passed to the project management team. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Your first 3-6 months
- Get to know the Stories Inc. service offering, brand messaging and sales process
- Understand our target audiences and how we help people who need our services
- Learn the systems and tools we use to be successful
- Build relationships with your Sales & Marketing counterparts
- Use any opportunity you can to learn the market and the business
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and sales leaders
- Report to the Sales Director on weekly/monthly/quarterly sales results, and whatever else you might want to chat about! We’re here to help you achieve success.
- Based on success meeting and exceeding goals & expectations, there is a growth opportunity into Account Executive
- Continue to build on your core skills and product/industry knowledge
- Know what it takes to meet or exceed your goals and maintain the momentum to do so
- Expand your knowledge of closing-role sales duties and responsibilities
Challenges to the Role:
- Because we are content creators, all sales outreach must also fit our brand: thoughtful, always gives high value to our audience, visually beautiful, and real (no stock photos, no generic language). The right person to add to our team should be inspired by this.
- The sales and marketing team work very closely together. This person should have basic understanding and interest in the role marketing plays to generate leads and influence current sales opportunities.
- Improve our sales function by staying organized, identifying contacts at key accounts, and filling gaps in the communication process. You will become an expert and advise the sales and marketing team on the best leads to pursue.
- Social selling is a component to this job.
Why work at this job, at Stories Inc.
- Leadership understands sales opportunities and challenges well. Be appreciated all day, every day, for your great work.
- Be a part of a high performing team that prioritizes value to the prospect no matter what. No hard charging sales tactics here, only collaborative conversations.
- Uncapped commissions.
- Everyone that works here really cares about doing great work and serving customers the right way. We have big goals, but they never get in the way of doing the right thing.
- Four day work week (Fridays off). Flexible work schedule with the expectation you’re living your life fully (unlimited vacation time).
- Health benefits, 401K match, base salary + commission, flexibility of working from home.
Is this you?
- 1+ years of experience on a high performing sales or marketing team.
- Experience with CRM Software (e.g. Hubspot).
- Demonstrated experience adding positively to the culture of a team.
- You think it’s critical to understand each audience to whom we are supporting.
- You are a strong writer and presenter, and have the ability to build real and natural rapport and relationships easily.
- You naturally tend to achieve goals in ways where everybody wins: customers, company, team, and yourself.
- You really care: you’re constantly testing, thinking, and learning.
- You have editor-like attention to detail in all outreach (emails, social media, presentations and proposals).
- You are comfortable owning a number and achieving reasonable sales targets for a team and can create paths to attainment.
- You are motivated by making an impact and achieving results, but you also find joy in the journey of your work.
- You are interested in organizational concepts such as culture development and diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Media, Journalism or relevant field is preferred.
Meet the team!
We walk the talk: because we are experts in communicating organizational culture, of course we have a whole playlist of Stories Inc. employee stories that will give you insight into what it’s like to work here. Learn more about our culture here.
Meet your new team! Peter Jennings is this position’s direct manager. You’ll partner a lot with Jessica McFadden, head of marketing. And Lauryn Sargent is the partner who is also part of the sales and marketing team.
If you think this is a good career opportunity for you, please send your resume directly to [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!