Stories Incorporated is a leader in the growing recruitment marketing industry. Based in Washington, DC, we help really great companies communicate and celebrate their culture by creating media inspired by true employee stories. Our content is used for recruitment marketing by some of the most innovative and respected employer brands in the world. The organizations we work with have won numerous awards that demonstrate their commitment to their culture and employees — these include: Glassdoor Employee Choice Best Places to Work, Crain’s #1 Best Place to Work in NYC and several of Fortune’s 100 Best Places to Work.
Our clients serve as our role models, and we follow in their footsteps by cultivating our own great place to work. Help us do that by joining our small and mighty team.
Meet our Team
As a Business Development intern, you will:
- Learn: Employer branding and recruitment marketing is a growing field. You’ll work with an expert in the industry.
- Research: Learn about organizations with unique employer brands.
- Reach out: We’ll teach you how to write sales campaigns and set up meetings with prospects.
- Market: It’s about the quality of outreach, compelling content, and persistence.
- Target: We’ll teach you about brand personas and how to create content that helps our potential clients do their job better.
- Write well: Write compelling marketing and sales copy. It takes a lot of iterations, measurement, and attention.
- Communicate openly: We’re a small company and there’s lots to do. Take a proactive approach to getting what you want out of your internship. Let us know what is and is not working for your professional growth.
- Be mentored: Stories leadership is personally and professionally committed to providing a great learning experience for all our team members, especially interns.
- Contribute to a great culture and bring a diverse perspective: we believe in culture add, not just culture fit.
The successful candidate is:
- passionate about something (and can prove it)
- a great communicator, with the ability to write compelling (but to-the-point) copy
- committed to bringing their energy, creativity, and positivity to work in exchange for a great experience
- curious about a career in sales and marketing
- able to provide examples of how they are personally aligned with our corporate values
- able to work full time during the summer and looking to either continue throughout the school year or join full time, depending on the situation
Interested in learning more? Ready to apply? Please reach out to us. We look forward to getting to know you!
Stories Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.