Stories Incorporated is a Washington, DC-based startup that helps really great companies communicate and celebrate their culture by bringing their stories to life through visual and interactive media. Our content is used throughout the entire employee lifecycle: employer branding, recruitment, onboarding, learning and development, and rewards and recognition. We call our work “culturography.”
The amazing organizations we work with have won numerous awards that demonstrate their commitment to their culture and employees — these include: Crain’s 2013 #1 Best Place to Work in NYC, Glassdoor 2014 Employee Choice Best Places to Work, and several of Fortune’s 100 Best Places to Work.
Our clients serve as our role models, and we follow in their footsteps by cultivating our own great place to work. Help us do that by joining our small and mighty team.
How We Operate
To our team, our core values are more than just words. These values guide what we do, how we do it, and most importantly, why we do it. We only hire candidates who share these values.
Our Core Values
We’ve driven to Cleveland to gain a unique perspective on a client’s story.
Think Big But Sweat the Small Stuff
Our interns found the right people to brainstorm with and learn from (thinking big) by sifting through tons of job titles (small stuff) – totally worth it.
We read a lot, share information, and try out new ideas all the time. Hey, what do you think of this article?
Take the Long View
We are building a company to last for the ages. No shortcuts.
We’ve called out our founders for not taking enough breaks during the workday.
Be Passionate & Enthusiastic
We’ve rocked out a solo in a drum circle to better understand a client’s culture. We’d do it again.
Director of Business Development
We are seeking a Director of Business Development to increase our reach in helping organizations grow through organizational storytelling. The Director of Business Development will:
- Develop strategic plans for creating new business across a variety of verticals, both through direct relationships with clients and through partnership opportunities
- Build relationships with prospective clients and partner brands
- Understand the needs of prospective clients
- Design solutions drawing on Stories Inc.’s expertise that will satisfy the needs of prospective clients
- Communicate solutions effectively through the creation of Proposals and Statements of Work
- Convert prospective clients into paying clients
- Manage support staff effectively for help implementing strategic plans
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience developing new business through direct sales and partnerships, with metrics to back up that experience
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Understanding of a variety of digital technologies
- Passion about something
To apply, send cover letter and resume to info (at) storiesincorporated (dot) com.